How to link mysql server to mssql server - I Love-IT

I Love-IT

Sharing

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

How to link mysql server to mssql server

Recently I am working with MySQL and I want to see the list of tables and views. As we all know its not as friendly as SQL server. So I want to connect (Linked Server) the MySQL to SQL SERVER for quick view of the data. Here are the steps I followed to setup a linked server. (I'm working with MySQL 5.1.2 and MSSQL 2008 R2 STD)

How to link mysql server to mssql server:
Recently I am working with MySQL and I want to see the list of tables and views. As we all know its not as friendly as SQL server. So I want to connect (Linked Server) the MySQL to SQL SERVER for quick view of the data. Here are the steps I followed to setup a linked server. (I'm working with MySQL 5.1.2 and MSSQL 2008 R2 STD)
1. Install MySQL Connector ODBC
Download MySQL Connector ODBC from https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/
In my case: use MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.3.4
Run setup file (msi file), click Next

Select “I accept the terms in the license agreement” then click Next


Select setup type (typical, complete or custom) then click Next


Click Install to start installation



Click Finish to complete installation



2. Configure ODBC Data Sources
Open Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > ODBC Data Sources
Click on tab “System DSN” then click on button “Add”



Select a driver for which you want to set up a data source
Select “MySQL ODBC 5.3 ANSI Driver” (or “MySQL ODBC 5.3 Unicode Driver” ) then click Finish


MySQL Connector/ODBC Data Source Configuration
Data Source Name:  <type the name of Data Source>
In my case MySQL_Linked
TCP/IP Server:         <type IP address of MySQL server>
                                    In my case: 10.0.0.10
Port:                           <type service port for mysql>
                                    Default port: 3306
User:                           <type mysql login user>
                                    In my case use: root
Password:                  <type mysql login password for user>
Database:                   <select database>

Click on button Test to test connection


Connection successful, click OK then OK to complete ODBC configuration




3. Create Linked Servers

* Create linked server using script

Exec master.dbo.sp_addlinkedserver
@server=N'MySQL',
@srvproduct=N'MySQL',
@provider=N'MSDASQL',
@datasrc=N'MySQL_Linked',
@provstr=N'DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 5.3 ANSI Driver};SERVER=10.0.0.10;PORT=3306;DATABASE=magento; USER=root;PASSWORD=Password!00;OPTION=3;'

Exec master.dbo.sp_addlinkedsrvlogin
@rmtsrvname =N'MySQL',
@locallogin=NULL,
@rmtuser=N'root',
@rmtpassword=N'Password!00'

* Create linked server using wizard

Open “SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)”
Connect to MSSQL Server
Expand Server Objects > Linked Servers > Providers
Right click on MSDASQL select Properties




Check on Enable at “Allow inprocess “ name


Right click on Linked Servers, select New Linked Server…


Linked Server:          <type linked server name>
In my case: LINKED_MYSQL
Server type:               select other data source
Provider:                   select “Microsoft OLE DB for ODBC Drivers”
Product name:          <type any product name>
In my case: MySQL
Data Source:             <type Data Source name that you created at ODBC Data Source>
In my case: MySQL_Linked
Provider String:        Type “ODBC;DSN=<Data Source>”
                                    In my case: ODBC;DSN=MySQL_Linked
Catalog:                      <type database name>
                                    In my case: magento
  


Select page “Security”
Select option “Be made using this security context”
Type username and password for login to mysql server


Test select data from linked server
Open query:
SET ANSI_NULLS ON
SET ANSI_WARNINGS ON
SELECT * FROM OPENQUERY(LINKED_MYSQL, 'SELECT * FROM admin_role WHERE role_id=1')












No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Pages